Yoga is beneficial for the body, mind and soul for both adults and children and adolescents. It gives us confidence, balance, strength and flexibility, while promoting attention and concentration.
With good posture and breathing techniques, hyperactive children regain calm and concentration, while those who are bored or lethargic become active and alert.
Children are born yogis. From birth they know the best position for their bodies, they know how to breathe deeply and they are open-minded. Yoga is the best way not to forget, the best way to move, breathe and simply be themselves.
For each class I choose a theme (a trip to India, a day at the beach, autumn, how the body work, feelings etc.) in accordance with the age of the group. Each theme serves as a way to immerse the children in a universe that stimulates their fantasies, creativity and interest. Every object, person, animal etc. is transformed into a yoga pose, breathing exercise and mudra (hand, eye and face gestures).
The children travel to the proposed universe, which enables teaching yoga postures through play, but also introduces activities for breathing (pranayama) and meditation.
The benefits of yoga for children are numerous and include:
- Developing flexibility, balance, physical strength
- Being aware of breathing and emotions
- Supporting the development of language and vocabulary
- Promoting respect for the environment
- Promoting contact and respect for oneself and others
- Learning stress management
- Developing focus and concentration
- Developing spatial awareness
- Balancing the cerebral hemispheres
- Encouraging a sense of calm
- Learning to relax or increase energy
- Learning to let go of negative emotions
And, of course, having fun!
I offer yoga to children mainly as a game, because it is through play and pleasure that they learn best.
Contact me for a trial class at your school or private.